Monday, June 16, 2008

3H's Humid, Hot & Husky






The smoke from the NC fires cleared up this morning.Hu-Mom feeling awfully bad about our confinement over the weekend, woke up extra early so we could take a nice walk on our favorite beach. We didn't stop for breakies or coffee just piled into the husky transporter and raced to the beach before everyone woke up and ruined our day.

I went crabbing and chased the seagulls while my sister Kiley pulled us directly to the ocean and went swimming. She likes to emerge from the water dripping wet and then chase me. She knows I don't like getting wet. Red fur will run. Today I surprised the human and got my pads wet, but the ocean doesn't taste good and besides, there are tons of CRABS on the beach just asking to be pounced on.

We did real well till we spotted a Chesepeake Bay Retriever who decided it would be fun to charge after us. My sister Kiley, always up for the challenge decided that she would lunge after the dog. The stupid bi-peds with the charging dog said "Oh ours is friendly" implying that Kiley was not. HuMom shouted back something about a leash law and wanted to fling the blue plastic poo bag at the stoopid HuMans.

After the beach, we headed to Dunkin Donuts and the HuMom ordered her xtra large coffee and the nice boy at the drive-thru gave us free donut holes! He must have known we were starving and went without breakfast. Don't tell HuDad about the donut holes sshhhh.

Just as we headed into our driveway, the wind changed and all the smoke starting settling back into the neighborhood. Phew..made it just in time. It's going to be hazy hot and hoomid today. Too hot for a husky. Back under the AC we go.

3 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Awesome about the donut holes. Our Dairy Queen gives us free doggie cones and they are fantastic. You will have to go to get donuts every day now!

I like to go swimming, but I don't have red fur, so I guess that's why. I had no idea your red fur would run!

Steve

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Hot weather is stupid. But I would like a beach. When I'm president, everydog will get a beach, mountain, or whatever he or she wants at their house.

And hot weather and thunderstorms will be banned!

Bloss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.