Friday, July 18, 2008

My trip to the Dr's

I haven't been feeling myself as of late. My Humans have been worried about me. I seem to sleep all the time and have very little energy. HuMom says I walk around the house like an old man and I no longer try to beat up my sister Kiley. And I am still shedding like a sheep even after TWO trips to the groomers!

Then last Friday, my dad discovered a lump near my collar next to my trachea. Along with the other strangness I have been displaying, HuMom became very concerned about this lump and being so close to my windpipe, she knew I had to go see Dr Connie. So here it is Friday and off to the vets I go.

This is where I go. It's called Boulevard Veterinary Hospital. Dr Connie Pozniak is my doctor. She is a holistic vet but also practices traditional medicine


Here I am in the main waiting room waiting to be brought into the exam room. While there, we ran into another husky mix. His name was Snookums but there was nothing cuddly about him. He snarled at me as I walked in. As Snookums was being brought into the exam room, his husky half came out and he began to howl. So I joined in and raised the roof of the vet clinic in honor of his huskyness. All the other dogs in the clinic waiting room were in awe of my vocals. Perhaps some were a bit scared too.



.





This photo shows how tired I am. Usually I am on high alert at the Dr's office, but recently I have been too blah to care.




Here I am in the exam room waiting to be seen by Dr Connie. I hope they find out what's wrong with me.




Can we go home now?



Dr Connie does a complete physical on me. All the while talking to me and massaging circles around my eyes. This seems to calm me down. Dr Connie also notes besides my run down feeling, my coat is much duller, my heart rate is slower than normal and I have gained 7lbs! She asks if I could be missing someone. Perhaps a human companion or another sibe companion. (I kid you not, Dr Connie is concerned about my mental health). When I tell her no, she strongly suspects I have thyroid problems. She gives me another massage. I am like putty in her hands. She takes me into the back room and has my blood drawn and to run tests to measure my thyroid function.

She also aspirates the lump and finds fatty cells. She tells my human the good news. It's a fatty lipoma! Nothing to worry about other than to keep an eye on it. YAY we can go home now!

On the way home, I asked HuMom a special favor. Maybe we could stop at the PETA dogpark on the way home so I could visit with some of my friends. I am certain this will cheer me up.

We arive at the park and I see a black puppy that I've never met. I ran around the park and let the puppy chase me. This seemed to make me happy. But then I got tired so I decided to lay down in the shade.



But I was too tired to play sibe games. As you can see here, I don't appear to happy and wanted to go home.



On the way home, I asked the HuMom for one more special treat. And this one was a biggie considering she doesn't eat animals or products made from animals. But we stopped and HuMom ordered me my very own ice cream. I am never too tired for ice cream!




We are hoping that my behavior change is related to my thyroid. HuMom knows this is a common problems found in Sibes. Hopefully, a pill a day will do the trick. We wait and find out our blood results tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and my HuMom. We know that my HuMom would be lost without me.


Simcha

11 comments:

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Simcha

What a morning you had - Your Vet sounds like a great person!!! I hope the blood test proves it's your thyroid and we are glad your tumor is just a fatty thing. Interesting, My Mom just found out she has Hypo-thyroidism and she started pills and she had your symptoms. The pills are working we get to go for longer walks! Take Care and Get Well

Thor and Marco Polo

The Daily Echo said...

Our paws are crossed and we're sending Sibe Vibes that those Labs tell your Mom it's only a confused thyroid. Mmmm! That ice cream looks mighty tasty.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Simcha! I hope everything works out OK! Please feel better!
Love,
Ammy

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My pawz are ekhhoing Ekhho's!

Your mom is like Princess Holly's mom - she doesn't eat animals either!!

AND let's hope the weather khools down too - that will make you feel better straight away!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Westlife said...

If you're not happy with the Lab tests (is Dave involved?) I can come over and do a cat scan for you.

Hoping you feel better soon!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Indy said...

Oh Simcha, I'm glad it's just thyroid! My cousin Amber had the same symptoms as you, and she takes a pill every day and is much better. Her weight is good, her coat is good, and she feels great. She does have a couple of fatty lipomas, but they aren't hurting her. I go to a holistic vet too! Tell your humom to check out this site: www.b-naturals.com. The lady who writes it has a PhD in natural health for animals, and has some good articles in the newslettr section about thyroid issues. Feel better!

Lacy said...

w00f's Simcha, me iz rocky, me iz 2yrs old..its nice to meeted u...and i shure hopes u feel better soon...Ms Khyra, saided u needed sum cheerin up since u didnt feels to good, sooo here me iz...

b safe and git well,
~rocky~

River said...

Hi Simcha, I am friends with Khyra and read on her blog about you not feeling well. I hope your dr will be able to help you. She sounds terrific. Sending pawsitive thoughts from our beagle pack and hoping you'll get back to playing a lot very soon.

love & wags,
River

Lorenza said...

Hi, Simcha!
I will have my paws crossed for you. I have a crazy thyroid but the daily pill works fine!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

FurX4 said...

AAAARRRRRR YYYYAAAARRROOOOO Simcha! Your good lookin Red Sibe Pal RoJo here...Momma read about you and thought I should offer some support to cheer you up! Momma thought I had a thyroid problem, but it turns out I was just anticipating a little furry bundle of joy...I had a blood draw that was normal and my teeth cleaned! It was crazy. PaPa teased me that I looked part poodle because they shaved part of my leg for the fluids! My humans will gather us and we'll pray for you, St. Francis is a Sibes true friend!
Stop by to say hi! We look a bit a like...you know, Good Looking...We're hot dudes!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Simcha, I do hope you get to feeling better soon. I know ice cream is a miracle drug, so I hope it works for you.

Steve