Wednesday, May 28, 2008

HuDad down with the kennel cough


My HuDad is delicate. HuMom is not calling him a wimp but we often hear HuDad complain "I think I'm fighting something off" so much that it rarely phases us. Of course, if me or Kiley sniffle, it's off to the vet we go. Totally unfair. However when HuDad complained this weekend that "I think I'm fighting something off", HuMom should have listened.

My HuMom works 12 plus hours on her feet. Her and my HuDad have an unofficial rule, the nights she works, he walks us dogs. Last night when she arrived home at 12:30am: I let her know right away that HuDad hadn't walked us. I did an extra special dance of the deserted Sibe when I greeted her at the door. HuMom immediately asked HuDad, who was sitting on the couch playing solitaire and watching TV, "Did you walk the dogs yet?" To which HuDad replied with the ubiquitous phrase " No, I think I'm fighting something off". HuMom immediately gave him the disapproving look that she only gives me when I do something wrong. She was thinking "Get your lazy ass off the couch and walk the dogs". HuDad obediently got up, leashed us up and headed out the door for our nightly romp. HuMom didn't feel bad for him even though it began to rain.
When we returned from our walk, HuMom (who thought HuDad was just trying to get out of walking us) told HuDad that if he's sick, he needs to go to the Dr's.(IE: she's heard people whine at her all day and the last thing she needs is to come home and listen to HuDad whine) Sometimes, she's not very nice.

HuDad went to the hoooman doctor this morning and called HuMom from the office. They did an xray and HuDad has pneumonia! PNEUMONIA! That's like kennel cough but much worse. Poor HuDad.

I heard HuMom hang up the phone and say under her breath "he better bring home a Dr's note". Poor HuDad. I hope he feels better soon.


Simcha

No comments: